Search

Your Ad Here

Friday, December 10, 2010

Introducing: Edmonton Clothing Designer Natasha Lazarovic of Temna Fialka

Natasha Lazarovic is a very talented up and coming fashion designer and model from Edmonton, Alberta. She is of Ukrainian heritage, which is one of the reasons her clothing line is called Temna Fialka.

Natasha's designs include custom Eastern European inspired pieces, which are unique and never duplicated. She is amazing at what she does! I am very happy to have been able to interview her :)


Image Credits:
Photo: Arianna Biasini
Retouching: Sunny Baker
Model: Catherine Guo
Hair: Grateful Head Hair Salon

AVIVA: How long have you been a clothing designer?
NATASHA LAZAROVIC:
I have been making and designing clothes since I was about 7 but began seriously designing and selling things when I was 20.

AVIVA: How did you come up with the name "Temna Fialka"?
NL:
Temna Fialka means Dark Violet in Ukrainian and has always been with me since I was a little girl, so I found it only fitting to name my company that. ;)

AVIVA: How did you get started with designing clothes?
NL:
My Mom used to sew our evening wear dresses as children and our Halloween Costumes so I spent alot of time mimicking her on her beat up 70's Singer until I started to figure it out. For some reason it always fascinated me and was almost methodical for me in a way.


Image Credits:
Photo: Arianna Biasini
Model: Catherine Guo
Retouching: Sunny Baker

AVIVA:Do you have any designers that inspire you, if so, who?
NL:
I believe that artists are so readily inspired by each other, whether it be color, print, cut, styling - something about a simple shot can set your creative wheel spinning. But there are some Designers I have alot of respect for as Artists, and these include Alexander McQueen, John Galliano, Tiffa Novoa, John-Paul Gaultier and then artists like Frida Kahlo and Salvador Dali.

AVIVA: What,in your opinion, is the most exciting thing about being a fashion designer?
NL:
That I am able to create Art from a fabric media. The endless possibilities that can come from a simple bolt of fabric, a box of tails, old couch apolstry, re-used records, leather - pretty much anything is fascinating to me and ever engaging.


Image Credits:
Make-Up & Hair: Manuela Bonanni
Model: Kayla Gagnon
Photographer: Samantha Scharf

AVIVA:Do you have any crazy/funny/weird/interesting photoshoot story that you would like to share?
NL:
LOL. I really enjoy my international adventures and the amazing artists and people I meet along the way (especially at airports ;)). I think one of my most recent favorites would be my work with photographer Anisa Nin and our adventures in the ever mysterious and surprising North Dakota. ;)

AVIVA: What else do you like to do besides clothing design (other passions/interests here)?
NL:
I teach High Risk Inner City Kids Fashion and Design, I write Slavic Gypsy Music, I paint and sculpt, love music, culture and a good bottle of wine! LOL


Image Credits:
Photo: MT Photography
Hair: The Beauty Lounge
Model: Qidi Gao
Make-Up: Janelle Ford

AVIVA: How would you best describe your style?
NL:
My personal style - Chic Urban Gypsy.
My work - One of a kind cultural high fashion art forms.

AVIVA:If money/time were no option, where would you like your designs to go (ie. career goals, etc)?
NL:
Everywhere. If I could touch every country, media and person, whether they loved or disregarded my work - as long as it inspired them in some way and they took a minute to view it- that would be enough. ;)


I wish Natasha much success in the fashion industry! She has an amazing collection of designs, and you can check out more of her work on Model Mayhem

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay tuned for more images, interviews, modeling tips, and more!
Aviva

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...