Search

Your Ad Here

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Arizona Fashion Model Michelle Mousel


Michelle Mousel is an amazingly talented fashion, runway, commercial, and editorial model from Arizona. She frequently works in Los Angeles and is represented by Ford Models. In addition to working with some of the best creative teams in the United States, she has traveled internationally for modeling.
 
Above: Michelle looking amazing on the cover of Nailpro Magazine.

Michelle has been published in several magazines, including: Seventeen Magazine (ad for TIGI in the USA),944 Magazine (ad for Sessy Clothing), Dillard's (College wear), Runway Magazine (USA), YES Magazine (Arizona), PHOTO Magazine (France), Go Gilbert Magazine (Arizona), Kontakt Magazine(Arizona), Java Magazine, The Bund Magazine (Shanghai), UNIQ Magazine (Las Vegas), Life Dynamix Magazine, Chiffon Magazine, Nailpro Magazine, Beach Magazine, Faslife Magazine, Harlow Magazine, Neux Magazine, AZ Magazine, Impostor Magazine, Estetica Italia Magazine, Sedona Monthly Magazine, St1gMedia Magazine, Eliza Magazine, JETSET Magazine, and many more.

She has been able to land several covers, and has walked in a variety of runway shows, including for Dior.
In addition, she has been featured in many advertising campaigns worldwide.

It is my pleasure to have been able to interview Michelle for this post, and I hope that you enjoy her insights into the modeling world as much as I did.


Above Image Credits: Vanessa Perez (Makeup Artist), Abel Sandate (Hair Stylist), Marcus Hoffman (Photographer)

AVIVA: How long have you been modeling?
MICHELLE MOUSEL: Nearly 5 years.

AVIVA: Have you always wanted to be a model, or did you have other career goals when you were younger?
MM: I wanted to be a Marine Biologist but once I got the idea of modeling in my head I never let it go.

AVIVA: What achievements in your career are you most proud of? (publications, etc...)
MM: Magazine work. I'm always proud of it because I have a tangible piece of work I can go give to my mother. She's my biggest supporter!


Above Image Credits: BTFL PEOPLE (Clothing Designer), Vaunn Yevo (Photographer), Michael Brent (MUA/Hair), Jewelry (Mai Collections) 

AVIVA: Do you remember how you felt at your first commercial shoot?
MM: My very first job, everything that could go wrong-did! I was shooting for Dillard's and my clothes hadn't finished drying, so I left to the job with a damp shirt and jeans, then it was an hour away in which I had trouble finding the location. I didn't have a nude bra, so I got in major trouble for that. It was still my worst job to date! I was only 19 then and didn't know anything.


Above Image Credits: (Photo) Tyrone Lavigne, (MakeUp) Eneli Voltein, (Wardrobe) Chanel Rene

AVIVA: Who/what inspires you as a model?
MM: My mom! She won't allow me to give up and she thinks of innovative ways for me to become better and offers the best advice! She keeps me going when it's most easy to just give up.

AVIVA: What piece of advice could you offer to models who are just starting out?
MM: Find a mentor! No amount of Internet searches can prepare you for the hardships of a career and no one else will have your best interest in mind. Everyone is out to take advantage of you somehow and you need someone, preferably an experienced model or industry professional, who can offer great advice and really wants you to succeed.

AVIVA: If you could meet any well-known person, who would it be and why?
MM: Jessica Stam. She is my favorite supermodel and it would be so interesting to see what she's like in person!

AVIVA: Other than your look and fashion model stats, what other factor(s) have been crucial to your success?
MM: Personality. I truly think it's the biggest factor! Being energetic, happy and grateful has gotten me repeat jobs with clients.

AVIVA: What would you do if you won the lottery?
MM: I would help my parents get out of debt. LOL! After doing luxury things with the extra I would attempt some humanitarian efforts.

AVIVA: Do you have any additional comments?
MM: For aspiring models, having the stats is only a small portion of being a successful model. If you really want to be the best at what you do, be the most fun, optimistic, exciting, intelligent person to be around and word of mouth will take you very far.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to thank Michelle for this great interview, and I wish her all the best in the future.

You can see more of Michelle's work on her WEBSITE , and check out her business profile on MY HEALTH NATION.

Aviva

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...