Search

Your Ad Here

Friday, July 15, 2011

My Favorite 10 Inspiring Success Quotes for the Month of July

Starting this month...I've decided to bring something new to AH Life & Style. I want to share with you quotes that inspire me, and help me get through days when I feel disappointed in something.

Doesn't everyone sometimes feel disappointed in something?

Sometimes, all you need is an inspirational message/quote from someone you admire in order to get yourself re-fired up.

So, without further delays...here are my July Quote Picks and why I chose them:

1. Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally. ~David Frost
WHY? I am a big believer in doing what you love and have a huge passion for. When you're doing what you feel is great for YOU, you will keep trying, and eventually, if you stick at it long enough, you will be one of the best at it. When you're one of the best at it, don't you think you've succeeded?

2. There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. ~Christopher Morley

WHY? Well, if you're not living life on your own terms...then whose life are you living? The best reward for succeeding at something is that you can keep doing what you want and have the freedom to choose what you would like to do and when. In other words, if you are rich/wealthy, but you have to work 80 hours a week at a job you hate, is the money really worth it for you?


3. Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success. ~Dale Carnegie
WHY? Your enthusiasm shows passion to people around you. Then, if you have a good idea of where you want to go, you will be more able to make a plan and try to follow it. As you're following your plan, you must be persistent because there will be roadblocks that you will have to take care of before you arrive at your destination. Also, it is enthusiasm that will help you break through those roadblocks.


4. Eighty percent of success is showing up. ~Woody Allen

WHY? I think that this one especially applies to modeling and just general business sense. You can only miss an appointment or flake so many times before people mark you as "unreliable" and will never give you anymore chances. I knew a girl who flaked 3 times on one of the top glamour/fitness/fashion photographers in Canada, until eventually he has had enough and said "Well, I guess that's it, then. Good luck". Talk about a bad business move...

5. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. ~Winston Churchill
WHY? When you are pursuing something, you will encounter many roadblocks as well as sometimes take paths that take you in the wrong direction. It's very important to remain positive because the more you fail, the closer you are to success (whatever that may be for you).


6. There is no point at which you can say, "Well, I'm successful now. I might as well take a nap." ~Carrie Fisher
WHY? I think that the achievement of one goal is the starting point for another.
7. Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner. ~Lady Gaga
WHY? Everyone occasionally goes through times when they are disappointed that their hard work did not yield the desired results they are looking for. That's OK, because often along the way they don't realize the value of the experience, which can one day make a difference between winning and losing.
 
8. Whenever I hear, 'It can't be done,' I know I'm close to success. ~Michael Flatley
WHY? There are always people around who will say "that's impossible" or "that can't be done" but what's important is that you have a vision and you are on a mission to make that vision come true.
 
9. Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.~ Thomas A. Edison
WHY? There is always the "what if factor"... as in..."what if after having 999 doors slammed in your face, the 1000th will open and all the 999 times times of rejection/failure will be worth the whatever it is that's behind the 1000th door?" If you quit after failure #999, then you will never experience the success that awaits you behind door 1000. Then you really have failed not because you were rejected, but because you quit.
 
10. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not lived at all. In which case, you've failed by default. ~J.K. Rowling
WHY? Nothing risked, nothing gained. The greater the sacrifice, the greater the reward. If you are too afraid of risk and failure, you will never ever find out what you are capable of and how far you can go.

 


(Oh, I'm sure that when I go through these 10 years from now, I will have a completely different reason why I chose these right now)

What are some inspirational quotes that you like?

Your online friend,
Aviva =)










1 comment:

  1. Wow I took a time translating that, but I read all! To me, those quotes are very important and I would want to aply them in my life, in special the last one! I believe we must learn to fail. Yes, because failing doesn't mean it is all over, right?!

    Very good post!

    Kisseeeees,
    Cris (another online friend)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...