Search

Your Ad Here

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Featuring New York Fashion Designer Jacci Fredenburg

Jacci Fredenburg is an established fashion designer from New York city. She has designed wardrobe for films, television, photoshoots, and theater.
Jacci has an amazing corset collection. Her corsets have been featured in several magazines, as well as in stores in LA and NYC. Some of Jacci's clients include rock stars, models, television personalities, pin-up girls, and burlesque performers.

She is very talented, creative, and extraordinary.




AVIVA: How long have you been a clothing designer/wardrobe stylist?
JACCI FREDENBURG:
I started designing corsets while living in Los Angeles in 2003. Upon my return to NYC in 2004 I began designing costumes for theater and film, as well as styling fashion editorials and ad campaigns.

AVIVA: You have a very unique style, where do you get your inspiration from (name any designers, etc)?
JF:
I get my inspiration from absolutely everywhere. I am very inspired my strong,confident, sexy women, and always begin my design process by envisioning what they would wear. I am also very inspired by rock ‘ n roll, musical theater, pin-up and retro style, tribal, and various elements of colorful Tibetan and Indian fabrics.
As far as designers and other inspirational people, I have always been inspired by Cher,Bob Mackie, Anna Sui, Alexander McQueen, Audrey Hepburn, and Marilyn Monroe.
I like to design things that are very fun and sexy, and walk the line between naughty and nice. For example………….take the personality of Audrey Hepburn and add a rock ‘ n roll spin to it. I am very inspired by the art of seduction. I would say that I can take almost anything and put a sexy, elegant, rock ‘ n roll spin on it.

AVIVA: What excites you about the fashion industry and being a clothing designer?
JF:
I love that the fashion industry is always changing and pushing the envelope, and that as a designer I am in a position to create trends rather than to follow them.

AVIVA: Do you have any crazy/funny/interesting photoshoot story that you'd like to share?
JF:
It’s funny that you ask this. I have actually joked numerous times that I should write a book telling of all of the ridiculous stories of things that go on backstage and on set at photoshoots. I have tons of stories, but a few that stand out as being the most ridiculous. I would say that fitting g-strings for the cast of “ The Full Monty,” doing a photoshoot with 15 dogs, and sitting in a rehearsal from midnight to 5am while the cast rehearsed a blaring trumpet scene take the cake.

AVIVA: What is the best way one can contact you to purchase a corset and do you offer discounts to models who would like to buy your clothing for a photoshoot?
JF:
The best way to contact me is to visit my website: www.JacciFredenburg.net. There you can view the current collection, as well as my Styling and Costume Design work. You can purchase a corset by clicking on the icons on the website. You can also contact me directly with questions or custom orders at design@JacciFredenburg.net. As far as discounts, I do selectively offer discounts to models for shoots. I offer 20% off stock items if a release is signed stating that I will receive a CD of images from the photographer.

AVIVA: How did you get started with clothing design and where have your designs appeared(feel free to name publications/movies, TV, etc)?
JF:
I have always known that I wanted to be a designer. I went to a special fashion program in High School, then graduated from FIT with a degree in Fashion Design, and from FIDM with a degree in Theater Costume Design. My corsets have been featured on numerous blogs, as well as in Lucire, Un Chin, Bust, Mob Candy, and NEU Magazines.
I have also designed for quite a few theater shows and movies.

AVIVA: If you weren't styling or designing clothing, what else do you see yourself doing (name other passions and interests)?
JF:
If I weren't styling or designing clothing, I would probably still be in the fashion/entertainment industries, but perhaps on the production side of things. I could see myself having my own full service production company or photo studio.

AVIVA: If money/time were no object, what is your ultimate goal in the fashion industry? Do you have plans on expanding into Canada (ie. boutiques, etc)?
JF:
My ultimate goal in the fashion industry is to design Broadway shows, feature films,style fashion and ad. Campaigns, and be known for my edgy style and cool demeanor in making magic happen. I want to be the hot designer for spectacular stage performers and personalities, and have my corset collection in boutiques around the world.

AVIVA: Do you have any additional comments?
JF:
“ Rock the Style, Check the Ego, Insert a Dream………………..Now flash that trademark
* grin* ”

You can see more of her amazing work on her
WEBSITE and Model Mayhem.

I would like to thank Jacci for her time, and I wish her tremendous success in her career!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay tuned for more images, more interviews, and more!
Aviva

1 comment:

  1. Important note: from now on, I'll always visit your blog. Please don't hesitate to visit me. Let's be more than just followers...let's be faithful readers! Thanks :)

    Lovers' Shore

    http://lovers-shore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...