Search

Your Ad Here

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Introducting Young, Beautiful Model Briana Robertson

Briana Robertson is a beautiful, young fashion model from Phoenix, Arizona. She is interested in fashion, beauty, editorial, and commercial modeling. Briana is agency represented, tall, and slender. She has experience in runway, catalogue modeling and music videos, in addition to having worked with several talented photographers,clothing designers, make-up artists, and hair stylists. Briana has done great and I hope that she continues to rock every photoshoot!

It was a pleasure interviewing her, she's beautiful on the outside and the inside.

Image Credits:
Photographer-Robert Jewett www.robertjewett.com
MakeUp-Didi Clark,
Retouching-Elan Digital


AVIVA: How long have you been modeling?
BRIANA ROBERTSON:
I started modeling professionally about a year ago, but I always loved my photo being taken. When I was about ten years old I found my mother’s old modeling book and I became obsessed. I would beg my Mom to drive me to various different places and take photos of me. I would do my own make up and get dressed up in the craziest of outfits. Many of those photos actually turned out quite well, from my part. Too bad they were taken with a point and click camera – I knew at that point I needed much better photographers. No offense to mom.

AVIVA: What inspired you to become a model?
BR
: My mother’s work inspired me a lot and got the ball rolling, but mom says it was in me long before that. I was never a shy child and loved being the center of attention. If someone brought out a camera at a family gathering, you could find me running out in front of it. My Aunt, who was a landscape photographer, got involved when I was older and helped support me – I probably wouldn’t be where I am without her. I am also a huge fan of shoes and clothes! Fashion inspires me a lot and being able to wear such beautiful pieces and work with such talented people is a constant inspiration to me.


Image Credits:
Makeup Artist-Crazy Face,
Photographer-XDesign


AVIVA: What advice would you offer to girls who are interested in pursuing modeling?
BR:
I honestly could go on and on about this, so I will pick just a few points. First, think about WHY you want to be a model and be realistic about IF you can be a model. Modeling is extremely competitive. If you are not approaching it from the right angle, you are not going to get very far. Modeling is not just about “being pretty” or “tall” or “thin,” rather “good” modeling also includes a passion for the product, and passion for the art. If you do not possess this passion and confidence, then modeling will be much more difficult for you and you will probably not enjoy it. Second, know the common scams. Know that modeling schools are usually outdated in their teachings and generally just want your money. You will get much more from reviewing magazines for poses and practicing in a mirror to know what looks good on your body/face and what doesn’t. Learn the basics of acting to learn how to emote properly (if you don’t know how to portray feelings realistically). Many models just go through the motions without the emotions, and that just makes for a boring photo. Third, networking is the key to it all. Networking and knowing the right people will make all the difference in the world. Follow up with people, communicate, be friendly, be prompt, and be approachable. Attitude is only acceptable on the set when the camera is clicking… it is not acceptable off the set or during business negotiations. Send emails or letters and make phone calls. Modeling is a popularity contest in a sense.


Image Credits:
Photographer-jesse paulk,
Makeup Artist-Crazy Face


AVIVA: Do you have any brief fun/crazy/weird/interesting photo shoot story that you would like to share?
BR:
I was shooting in a bathing suit in a deserted parking lot. It was about 10 PM, so it was dark. About 5 cop cars surround us and start asking the Photographer questions. The bathing suit was yellow, so in the light it had looked as if I were nude from the street, so apparently the police received many calls of a nude girl being photographed out in the open near a very busy road in Phoenix. They eventually let us go. It was much more intense and even funny than I have described here. It is one of those situations where you just had to be there.

AVIVA: What do you feel has been your greatest achievement in modeling so far?
BR:
I don’t look at modeling from that point of view. I look at modeling as a form of art. If I happen to achieve my goal from the shoot or show, etc and make it better than anticipated then I feel great that we created something wonderful. It is difficult to compare one achievement to another. For example, I do a lot of work for charities. Working on the KatOuz catalog was a great feeling because much of their profits go toward a great cause (http://www.katouz.com/). I did a charity runway show for Macy's and the Gap to help with abused children. To me, both of these events, and many more were great achievements. We worked hard and hopefully made lives better from it.

AVIVA: What are your other interests/passions besides modeling?
BR:
I enjoy making great images, even as a painter. Being a painter helps me appreciate the art of modeling as well and inspires me to make more out of my images. I also enjoy acting, music, playing the guitar, making videos, anime, socializing, and song writing.


Image credits:
Makeup Artist-Crazy Face,
Photographer-XDesign


AVIVA: What is it like going to high school and modeling?
BR:
When I first started modeling professionally, I was very happy and took my book to school. Several of my older friends talked about their work all the time, so I didn’t see anything wrong with discussing my work. After sharing my book, they accused me of bragging, called me stuck up and stopped hanging around with me. I am very much a tom boy and stuck up was never a part of who I was. I was very hurt by this. Some high school kids have a hard time understanding what I do, so I quit telling them. Some will shun you for it and others want to be your best friend because of it…. Boys want to have a “model” for a girlfriend, and the girls want to start fights and be jealous, so I don’t tell many people my age anymore. I am now in a different school that has much more emphasis on the arts and people are much more accepting of my career there.

AVIVA: If money/time were no option, where would you like your career to take you?
BR:
From a selfish artist’s viewpoint I would love to be in Vogue, Elle, Cosmo, Bazaar, Marie Claire, W Magazine (what model wouldn’t) to name a few and to work with cosmetic companies and high fashion clothing/shoe designers. I am also a huge fan of jewelry and hair products. I want to walk the most elegant runways in the world and travel and see everything, maybe even dabble in acting and even music videos with some of my favorite artists. I want to meet the most fabulous people and be surrounded by creativity. My hope is to get to the point to where I have enough money to sustain me so that I could do more work with charities and make a difference to abused children and struggling families. If my career could take me to that place, I would be fulfilled.

AVIVA: Do you have any additional comments?
BR:
Thank you for your interest in getting to know me. I hope you have a happy and successful 2011.

I wish Briana all the best in her career, and would like to thank her for the interview! :)
You can see more of her work on her website. You can also check out and like her
Facebook page

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come back for more interviews, photos, reviews, and much more!

Aviva :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...